Monday, July 23, 2007

A Weekend of Baking Practice


I had been busy covering classes all of last week and I didn't get a chance to bake. My best friend Gayle had been busy the whole of the last month and hadn't been baking as well so we planned to spend the entire Saturday baking at her place. I even packed a shopping basket of goodies that included Dorie, Tish, and my latest acquisition.

We were rather ambitious, planning to make banana sticky buns, madeleines and a chocolate souffle cake all within 6 hours.

The sticky buns turned out fairly well but we didn't roll them tight or with enough filling so not a great success. The madeleines were too big and baking them too long turned out very dry cakes, so also failed. The chocolate souffle cake looked the most promising but the middle of the cake remained gooey.


All in all, a productive Saturday in terms of getting back to baking but not so productive in terms of getting nice edible baked goods.

However, I will leave you with this cute mini watermelon that I chanced upon at the supermarket. Its just enough for 2 to share or eat it all yourself if feeling greedy. The skin is thin and although not very sweet, its juicy.


1 comment:

Brilynn said...

I've never seen yellow watermelon, it's really pretty!